ONLINE VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Click HERE
Volunteers are vital to the success of the Wine Country Bike Trek. Their hard work is very much appreciated by the riders and are one of the reasons participants join us year after year.
We are looking for hard working, fun loving volunteers who can ideally commit to working 6-8 hours a day for all three days. Not able to volunteer all three days? Just let us know and we’ll find a spot for you!
Volunteers who work all three days will receive all the amenities of the trek:
- Wine Country Bike Trek t-shirt
- Use of camping facilities (tent camping at no cost; cabins $30 for two nights, first-come, first-served)
- Entertainment and live music
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Good times and support of a great cause!
Please note that there are a limited number of volunteer spaces available and you must be a non-smoker/vaper.
- Food Service/Monitors: Working with caterers, assist with table setup, replenish food, assist with serving, clearing dishes, and clean up.
- Bike Mechanic: Provide mechanical assistance at check-in and in camp.
- Camp Set-Up/Breakdown: Set-up and break down all campsite arrangements: tables, awnings, stations, signs and banners. Assist in cleaning up area after riders have left; break down tables and awnings, load supplies onto trucks, etc. Conduct final walk-through of site.
- Camp Monitor: Patrol camp making sure restrooms are adequately stocked, trash barrels are empty, and camp is properly shut down at 10 pm.
- Gear Loading/Unloading: Assist riders in loading gear onto gear truck and unloading truck at camp.
- Rover Crew: Monitor and communicate any problems/concerns to appropriate staff and volunteers along the route. Notify proper medical authorities in case of an emergency. Must be a HAM radio operator. Provide mobile support (mechanical, water, transport) to riders on route under direction of Route Crew Manager. Your vehicle will be marked for easy identification.
- Route Sweep: Ride at the tail end of the ride. Encourage riders along the route. Help change tires, fix chains, etc.
- SAG Stop: Set up festive rest stop with food, drink, table and canopy. Distribute food (snacks or lunch), water, and fun to riders. Pick up supplies at designated location, clean rest stop, and return remaining supplies at the end of the day. Rest stop volunteers are encouraged to dress in costumes and decorate their stop with a theme.
- Registration: Check in riders by verifying that they have paid their registration/cabin fees, and have turned in their waiver and medical release form. Issue riders packet and t-shirt. Instruct rider as to next steps.
- Camp Check-In: Give riders encouragement as they arrive at camp (they have just ridden 30-50 miles!). Check off rider’s number as they come in for the day to confirm when all riders are in camp.
All volunteers will be expected to work hard and have fun. Get your friends to volunteer with you!
Whether you come alone or with others, you are guaranteed to leave with many newfound friends.
Join the Wine Country Bike Trek family today!