Your body needs time to prepare so start training now. In our Training Guide, you’ll find complete information about training for the Wine Country Bike Trek. For trekkers, this includes information on physical preparation, as well as some nutrition and safety tips.
If you ride in the city, consider training with a buddy.
- Stay out of isolated areas.
- Don’t ride at night in unlit areas.
- If you ride at night, wear bright, reflective clothing. Put reflective tape on your clothing and shoes.
- Vary your rides. Avoid a set, predictable routine.
- When you leave for your ride, let someone know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Place a police whistle in your riding gear and have it with you while riding.
- Leave your jewelry at home.
- Carry your address, phone number, blood type, cell phone, and/or enough coins for a telephone call.
For more information about Bicycle Safety, sign up for the Santa Barbara Bicycling Coalition Street Smarts class. Email our Ride Director, Donna Beal at [email protected] for more information and to sign up.